Club Penguin Celebrates Halloween with Massive In-world Party
Island Transformed into Halloween Transylvania for Club Penguin’s Most Anticipated Event of the Year
Ghosts and goblins invading the most awesome kids’ hot spot online? This week, Disney’s Club Penguin (www.clubpenguin.com) – the #1 virtual world for kids – kicks off its annual Halloween Party! Last year more than 3 million players celebrated Halloween at this massive in-world party, making it one of Club Penguin’s most anticipated events of the year. This year, the island will be transformed into Halloween Transylvania with spooky trees, carved pumpkins and many other features created especially for this exciting event. The Halloween Party will begin on October 20 and run until November 1. Penguins are invited to put on their coolest costumes ever and join the fun.
Some highlights of the 2011 Club Penguin Halloween Party:
- Island Transformation: The Island will morph into a Halloween Transylvania with exciting changes including a dark background complete with full moon, trick-or-treating adventures for Penguins and a haunted Island experience.
- New Games: A new Halloween Scavenger Hunt will take place during the party. Kids can follow clues and locate ghosts to receive a new game background.
- Costumes: Monster Catcher and Ghost Sheets costumes are some of the many Halloween Party costumes and accessories available for players.
- Famous Penguin Visits: Players will be able to interact with rarely-seen Famous Penguins, including Aunt Arctic and Gary the Gadget Guy during the Halloween and Anniversary Parties.
- More Role Playing: A new stage – Night of the Living Sled: The Play – will go live, where kids can role play and re-create the popular video “The Night of the Living Sled.”
- Prizes: Players who visit 10 “Trick or Treat” igloos in one session will win a special stamp.
- Bigger Celebrations: Club Penguin’s 6th Anniversary Party will be held in the Coffee Shop in conjunction with the Halloween Party, making this the biggest party yet.