Author Archives: Stargrace
Every so often I’ll get an email from a company or a game representative asking me if I’d be interested in trying something out. I typically say yes, because why not, they’re usually a lot of fun. This time I was approached by a kind representative from Mrs. Freshley’s asking if I’d be interested in sharing some information about specially marked (FFXIV Stormblood) snacks, and they offered to send me a few products to try. As far as I’m aware we don’t have Mrs. Freshley’s up here in Canada, but I’ve never been one to turn down free snacks (cough) so I accepted and they arrived this week! I actually decided to make an unboxing video, my first and quite possibly my last because I had so many technical issues. Still, I put it up on YouTube for everyone to watch. These baked goods were held up at the boarder for a day due to customs (we’re really cracking down on imported snack goods eh..) but they were still delicious if you like cupcakes and cinnamon buns with a ton of icing.
I downloaded Blippar to try to scan the packages and get the code that you can then use in game – but no matter how I tried to scan or which product I couldn’t get it to work. I’m not sure if I was doing something wrong or it was my location or some other issue, but I’ll keep trying so that I can hand those codes out to readers / viewers. I’m also handing the sweet treats out to a few locals who have expressed interest. I wasn’t an enormous fan of the cinnamon rolls (personally) but the chocolate cupcakes were delicious (I basically devoured two of those off screen later). You can find out more about Mrs Freshley’s products here, and you can read about the awesome contest they’ve been holding for the past few months here. If you’ve got any tips or tricks on how I can make Blippar work properly don’t hesitate to let me know in comments!
As always, happy gaming, no matter where you find yourself.
Hong Kong – April 23, 2013 – The combat-oriented MMORPG, Conquer Online, has expanded its PvP action, yet again! This time, by adding a brand new match mode – the Champion’s Arena!
Different from the other PvP options, CO’s Champion’s Arena has tightened restrictions on gear, as well as character stats at every level, providing all of the aspiring champions an equal chance to win. Everyone needs to battle their way to the top, no matter how powerful they have become, which means skill and strategy will become the most important weapon when you step through those gates!
The fights are 1 on 1, and both fighters will earn points for their performance in battle. When you gain enough points, you can move up to the next level and unlock more of your powers to fight against stronger opponents.
The Champion’s Arena is also one of the most rewarding events in Conquer Online. With the points earned from the fights, players can also pick up valuable items from the Arena Store. So as you make your way to Level 7, you can compose your own set of powerful equipment with the items you win!
To join the Champion’s Arena, download Conquer Online and play for free!
Presenting the skills of the Fire School of the Elementalist Role. The Fire Mage specializes in dealing large amounts of damage from long range.
His skills are the following:
- Attunement to Fire: A self-buff that increases the fire protection, while rendering the player immune to lava damage while buff is active.
- Fireball: A ranged attack that will burn your enemy on impact, along with those in close proximity around him.
- Dragonbreath: A breath of fire that will damage everyone in front of you.
- Magma Bomb: A huge burning ball of magma, so large that itʼs affected by gravity. It has a very long range, and a large area of effect.
- Heat Stroke (Ultimate): A long range projectile that will massively drain the stamina of anyone that is inside its range on impact.
Previous subscribers! Log in to RIFT™ July 25 – 29 for a weekend of unrestricted free access to the entire game, including all your characters. Join Instant Adventures across four new zones, dive into new Mentoring and Leaderboards features, explore the Primeval Feast Sliver, and engage in the groundbreaking PvP warfare of Conquest. As always, new players have access to levels 1-20 completely free with RIFT Lite!
- Mentoring: High and low-level Ascended can work together while earning level-appropriate XP and rewards!
- Leaderboards: See where you rank in all aspects of play
- New Instant Adventures: Join the dynamic action across Silverwood, Freemarch, Stonefield, and Gloamwood – now 7 zones in total, all on-demand!
- Barbershop: Change your whole look from head to toe
- Guild Finder: Find comrades with just a click of a button
- Ascended Weddings: Marry your immortal beloved
- Conquest: Three-faction level-50 PvP across a battlefield the size of an entire zone – slay monsters, craft war-machines, and seize Sourcestone Extractors to control the future of the Ascended!
- Improvements: 50 Prestige ranks, smoother advancement, better gear, and PvP Planar Attunement
- Infernal Dawn: 20-player raid pitting you against seven molten bosses and not one, but two dragons of elemental evil!
- River of Souls Chronicle: Infiltrate the Endless Court with a friend, or brave the corrupted shores alone
- Expert Dungeons: Tier-1 and Tier-2 Expert dungeons have merged for twice the adventure
- Primeval Feast Sliver – Fae Lord Twyl has slain Greenscale in another Telara, and stands ready to unleash the destructive power of Life upon our own!
- Fishing and Survival: Two new tradeskills!
Sounds like a pretty nice deal, if you’re looking for something to do this upcoming weekend, why not give it a go!