Category Archives: Earthrise
Advanced gameplay features and enhanced mechanics coming in April and May
SOFIA, BULGARIA – March 31, 2011 – Masthead Studios, a leading independent developer of MMOs, today released its expanded development roadmap detailing upgrades and enhancements that will soon be implemented within its MMORPG, Earthrise.
New features for integration in April and May of 2011 include:
- Resurrection mechanics – The first feature chosen in February by the Earthrise community as part of the “Choose your game feature” official forum.
- Quest hints on the minimap – Players will have a clear indicator on the minimap as to where they need to go to work on their quest task.
- Parties will share battle points, levels of contribution and karma from a killed enemy.
- Item and vehicle painting – Crafters will be able to produce paint and sell/give it to other players so they can personalize their armor, weapons and vehicles.
- Guild diplomacy – Guilds will be able to declare war on other guilds and build allies. Guilds at war with each other will be flagged red and the affiliation of their members will not change if they kill each other. Guilds that are allies with other guilds will be considered one entity and all mechanics will work as if they were one guild.
Additional enhancements include:
- Improved chat window with customizable tabs, font and messages.
- Friends/ignore list.
- Improvements to the monster AI.
- Force attack toggle on and off.
- Resurrection points will have an affiliation.
- Inverse kinematics of the main characters.
- Improved shadows.
- Continued client and server performance improvements.
“We are very excited about the new items that we are currently finalizing, and appreciate all of the constructive feedback that we consistently receive from our dedicated community,” said Atanas Atanasov, producer of Earthrise and director of Masthead Studios. “We will continue to seek player input to conduct future developments and could not be more energized about the future of Earthrise.”
Highly anticipated MMORPG to hit computers February 2011
SOFIA, BULGARIA – December 28, 2010 – Masthead Studios, a leading independent developer of MMOs, announced today that the highly anticipated MMORPG Earthrise will be available through digital distribution on February 4, 2011.
“The Masthead team is thrilled for the fans who have been following Earthrise closely to now be able to play the game that they have been so eagerly awaiting,” said Atanas Atanasov, producer of Earthrise and director of Masthead Studios. “We have worked incredibly hard to make Earthrise the best sandbox MMORPG on the market, and we can’t wait for players to fully experience all of our hard work and become immersed in Enterra.”
Earthrise is a post-apocalyptic, sci-fi MMORPG set in the distant future. Featuring a unique skill-based advancement system and player-driven economy, as well as extensive, meaningful player-vs.-player combat, Earthrise gives players countless options to forge their destiny through its sandbox-style game mechanics. Whether a noble soldier in the raging conflict between the Continoma and the Noir, a criminal hiding from the law, or a world-renowned engineer whose power extends into intricate trade and politics, players’ actions will echo throughout the game world. Visit www.play-earthrise.com to learn more.
Top Earthrise features include:
- Unique sandbox environment, allowing players’ actions to influence the entire game world.
- Distinctive, high-tech post-apocalyptic setting.
- Sophisticated Player vs. Player (PvP) mechanics.
- Dynamic third-person combat featuring dynamic targeting, customizable power armor and hundreds of high-tech weapons.
- Deep crafting mechanics that allow players to design and manufacture unique items from blueprints and raw resources.
- Friendly to casual players, with challenges designed for the hardcore audience.
- Single, massive world. Earthrise will run on one server for players in all regions.
OS: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7
Free hard drive space: 20 GB
CPU: 2.4+ GHz Single Core Processor
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 7800GT+ or ATI Radeon 9800 SE 256-bit
High bandwidth internet connection (DSL, Cable)